Ever since she was a little girl, Dixie’s least favorite word was “can’t.” It still is, and she’s on a mission to prove that anything is possible, for anyone. Her first love is working with entrepreneurs as a coach, consultant, muse, and firestarter. She’s good at seeing opportunities where other people see walls, navigating crossroads where other people see dead ends, and helping people connect their passion and purpose to create a powerful presence and increased profit. Dixie contributes to Entrepreneur and Huffington Post and is a Senior Managing Editor for The Good Man Project.
In this interview we talk about
- the right reasons for writing
- the “can’t” brick walls and what stands behind those
- 3 stages all entrepreneurs (and writers are entrepreneurs too) go though during their journey
- the power of incorporating your personal story into writing
- the benefits of having a good editor
- writing for big publications/websites
Food for Thought
Most of us write because we have something inside that we want to share.
If you don’t have anything inside that matters to you and that you want to share into the world than writing is gonna be really, really hard work for you.
If you have something inside you that you wanna share then the first step isn’t really the writing – it’s the getting comfortable sharing!
There are so many reasons for people to say they can’t.
Don’t ever abdicate your writing to the editor.
Whatever you’ve been to and whatever you want to share with the world has value. The important thing is finding the people it has value for.